Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer: Review!

Back with a review for you ladies today :) I wish I had more of these to do for you guys, but honestly, the things I have been buying lately haven't really been review(able) (unless you want me to talk about a new MAC shadow or a drugstore lipstick in every post. Yeah, no) So hopefully I will pick up a ton of new things in the weeks to come because I get really excited when I can do a review for you all, so let's get started.

Okay, I don't know about you girls who live in the US, but I've been dying to try the Rimmel wake me up foundation! In fact, I actually emailed Rimmel asking if it was ever going to come to the states and they told me sadly no. I was devastated! Welllll, I was at Kmart one day and I quick passed by the makeup section because I knew there was nothing I "needed". I was trying to have strong willpower. Then, when walking past an aisle I spotted this...

And I started jumping up and down! Could it be? Could it beee?

It was a Rimmel Wake Me Up product! I was so happy! I instantly grabbed this. I was searching for the foundation, hoping they had it, but sadly they didn't. If you have spotted it anywhere in the US, let me know because I wanna get my hands on it! No, I will not order of ASOS because my card blocks it because it is out of the country, boo :( So just let me know at any point when you read this if you know where I can get it personally in the US!

Okay enough rambling, on to the review...

Claims
Rimmel's first full coverage concealer
Instant anti-fatigue effect with peptides and vitamin moisturising complex
Visibly reawakens and illuminates under the eyes
Completely conceals spots and other blemishes

Do I agree?
Coverage: This claims to be full coverage, absolutely not. I would say it is honestly light coverage. The formulation is really thin as well so that is a hint that the coverage isn't great.
Illumination: I do agree this does a great job of illuminating under my eyes. However, it provides no coverage in the process so this is just something I can use for highlighting. This actually draws attention to my under eye circles and veins because it has noticeable shimmer in it, which draws attention to that area.
With that being said, I would never put this on a blemish because I know it would just make it look more visible, not conceal it. So keep that in mind. If you are buying this strictly because it says it is a full coverage concealer, don't even bother. It will not cover, but rather, highlight for you.

So there you go. Those are just my thoughts on this concealer. I can't say I am impressed by it's mega claims because honestly I do not really agree with any of them! Other then it is illuminating, indeed. I knew going into this these products would be better at illuminating rather then coverage though so I honestly wasn't disappointed. Just disappointed to hear Rimmel's claims.

So I will let you decide for yourself if you would like to try out this concealer. As a huge fan of Rimmel, I just think they need to get better at identifying their products, so they don't fool anyone! It is hard to gain respect from buyers that way. But I do like this! And would like to try the foundation still so let me know if you have tried it and if you know where I can get it!
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment