Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Rave & Rant: Revlon Colorburst Lipsticks

I'm a huge fan of Revlon lip products, especially their Colorburst lipsticks. This is why I was so surprised to have a holy grail and hate product both from the same line.

Let's start out with Baby Pink. By looking at the top of the packaging, this looks like it would be a beautiful pink color with a hint of shimmer. Sounds so pretty, right? When swatched, you can tell how frosty this shade really is. I automatically knew this would not look flattering on my lips.

My first problem I have with this shade? It is so sheer. And second of all, it just transfers as frost onto my lips. The frost latches on to all the lines on my lips and makes them looked ultra chapped. I never wear this shade because I simply do not like the look of it and I do not feel I can pull it off. It is very drying on my lips as well.

Now let's talk about my holy grail nude lipstick. Soft Nude. I would consider this more of a peachy nude lip color and it is very flattering with my pale skin.

The formulation on this is very nice, however I do still apply a lip balm underneath so this color goes on smooth and looks nice on my lips. This nude will not work for everyone, but if you are a pale girl like I am definitely give this one a shot!

Overall, I am very impressed with this lipstick line. I would never recommend Baby Pink to you guys, however. If you are into frosty lipsticks on your lips though, give it a shot.

These retail for about $7, depending where you are picking these up. I actually found these at Big Lots quite a while ago and only paid $2 for each so I cannot complain too much about Baby Pink, but I'd feel ripped off spending $7 for that thing. I definitely would spend $7 for the rest of this line though!

Hope this review was helpful for you guys. Do you have any lipstick suggestions for me?
Ashley

2 comments:

  1. I love some of Revlon Colorburst Lipsticks, but some just are not for me. I wonder if they are being discontinued though since Ulta's have been getting rid of them?

    http://swatchesandwhatnot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since I found mine at Big Lots, this wouldn't surprise me. Wow I should look into this incase I need to pick up some backups!

      Delete