Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Similar Product for MAC Woodwinked

Today I’m sharing with you guys two eyeshadows that I find strangely similar. Fair warning, this is not an exact dupe! I just was so impressed by the beauty of MAC’s woodwinked, that I thought I would share this similar eyeshadow with you all. Feel free to disagree, just trying to provide an affordable option for you guys that can pretty much give you the same look on the eyes. Also, I'm sure you can find something even more similar to this in say a coastal scents palette, but I wanted to let you guys know about this incase you were wanting to try woodwinked but couldn't spend the money on it.

As you can tell, they look nothing alike in the pan. You can already tell which product is better quality, as well, along with the slight differences I've found in them. Let's look at swatches because that is where the magic happens.

My “similar” product can be found in the Maybelline Chai Latte quad. The lid shade is a beautiful shimmery golden brown color. I consider MAC woodwinked to be a shimmery bronzy gold brown as well. The main difference I see with them is the finish. The Maybelline one is definitely shimmery in the sense that is will transfer shimmer onto the eyes (as in little sparkles). The MAC one, however, just has a nice pretty sheen to it (no apparent shimmer) and is very metallic. And I would say woodwinked leans more “orangey” than the other. When I wear these on my eyes I pretty much cannot tell the difference. And I will say MAC eyeshadows are easier to work with, but for the price difference I feel you could easily work with a cheaper product.

So even though I cannot consider these “exact dupes”, I definitely can tell you these products are “similar”. If you are looking for a really affordable alternative for MAC woodwinked, I would pick up the Maybelline quad. MAC eyeshadow = $12 for the pan. Maybelline quad = ~ $4.99.

Hope you guys enjoyed this post. What are your favorite MAC dupes? Leave them down below!
Ashley

1 comment: