Wednesday, February 13, 2013

L'Oreal Colour Riche Eye Shadow Palettes: Review!

I have heard good things about these eyeshadows so I caved and picked one up for myself. I was very happy with the selection of palettes they had out, but it made it so hard for me to pick which one I wanted! I spent seriously 10 minutes staring at all the options and then almost walked away because I couldn't decide. I almost went for the all matte palette, but somehow ended up picking up the quad in Rose for Romance. I thought this would be really pretty for Valentines day, hence why I used it for my Valentines makeup tutorial.

The packaging is very pretty, its gold and you can see the eyeshadows peeking through obviously. The back displays the name of the palette and also has a little guide you can follow if you need help using the shades you have picked out. I like the size of the palette because it is nice and sleek, definitely no excess packaging.
I would say the first two shades are pretty metallic. You get a deeper rosy pink color, and a lighter pink. It also includes a taupey brown color and a deep dark brown.

The pigmentation on the darker colors is great, however I'm not too impressed by the main shade and the highlight. The highlight looks fine when applied to the eyes but swatched it sure doesn't. Talk about needing to layer a shade. I have to use my finger to apply the main color to really build it up. I also do not the formula of these two shades. The last two are both pigmented and a formulated nicely, but overall it isn't like an A+ palette.

Considering I can get 8 amazingly pigmented eyeshadows from wet n wild for $5, I will not purchase another one of these. I feel the formulation on all the colors needs to be the same to make these palettes better. While all the shades in this quad a pretty, the fomulation isn't. I will continue to use this, but it definitely isn't something I will reach for daily. So sorry guys, I can't really recommend these! I feel like I can find much better eyeshadows at the drugstore. For $8, I am going to save my money and invest it in better shadows. What are your favorite eyeshadows from the drugstore?
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment