Saturday, February 2, 2013

Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation & Powder: Review!

I am very excited to share this new line with Revlon with you all. They released a Nearly Naked line consisting of 16 foundation shades and 6 powder shades I believe. You know I love me some Revlon products, so I picked these up on a whim.

I was browsing the drugstore one day and picked up the foundation without realizing what I was doing. I've mentioned this before, I'm not much of a foundation wearer, but for some reason I thought I needed this. I don't regret my decision to buy this at all!

The color range is amazing in this line so I can almost bet none of you will have a problem finding a shade that will match you. This product is very lightweight on the skin, which means the coverage is also very light. However, you can build this up to get more coverage out of it if you need to. This doesn't cake up on me so I know you can build it up. When I look at my skin after applying this, it looks very nice. It is very easy to blend this foundation out and I know you can apply this any way you choose.

I have been using my Sigma F84 brush to apply this and I couldn't be happier. With this brush I am able to stipple this into my skin, and then blend it out, if that makes sense to you all.

I definitetly recommend starting in the center of your face and working out with this foundation just because a little of this product goes a long way. If you work from center outwards you can use the least amound of product because you can see it work nicely into your skin. With the light coverage of this foundation, I am able to cover all the redness on my face, but it doesn't cover acne, scars, anything like that in a light application. My skin looks very nice when I wear this and I couldn't be happier. I am surprised at what this truly does for my skin while still being a light weight product.

Now onto the powder. This has got to be the most light weight powder I have ever used. The texture is very nice. It is very smooth, and light weight. There is not a powdery feel to this product either! It isn't chalky like most powders out there. The best part is I don't have product flying around when I swirl a brush into this. Your brush picks up just the right amount of product and doesn't send any flying into the air. This does come with a little puff you can use to apply this to the skin, but I rarely use those, I'd rather stick with using my own brushes. On the skin, you cannot detect a trace of powder. Fair warning, this does not provide any extra coverage so if you prefer those powders this isn't for you. I feel like this does a very nice job of keeping my skin looking nice throughout the day. The products work very nicely together and I am impressed by them both.

I love that the packaging is white on these products, I think it just looks very classy. I don't have a problem with the foundation package, other than I would definitely prefer to have a nozzle on this so I could squirt product out rather than pour (I feel like I waste product this way). The powder packaging is very bulky and most of it is unnecessary but what can you do. I'm glad they included a mirror, even if it is small, so I'm not too upset with the packaging.

Overall, I give this line an A. I really ended up loving this foundation which surprised me very much (I've wore it every day since I purchased it!) and the powder is very nice as well. I've saw this product at all the drugstores I've been to lately so I don't think you will have a problem finding this line. What are your favorite Revlon products?
Ashley

1 comment:

  1. I really want to try out the new Nearly Naked products! I've hear so many good things about them, but can't get them anywhere near me... I also really like the Sigma F84 brush. I always use that for applying my foundation! Great review!! :)

    xx, Siri
    www.SirisLife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete