Sunday, May 5, 2013

Covergirl & Olay Simply Ageless Eye Concealer: Review!

I have been on the hunt for an under eye concealer for longer then I can remember. Let's be honest; the drugstore just hasn't given us anything to go crazy over yet. The only "under eye" concealer I really like is the Maybelline instant age rewind concealer. I have been waiting for the drugstore to come out with something similar to the bobbi brown one since I started getting into makeup.

I will admit, this product looks amazing all swirled together. Sadly that is ruined after just one use.

Consistency:
I must say, because it has the built in Olay moisturizer, it feels luxurious. This makes it very easy to work with.

Performance:
This is marketed I also like using this where I have redness and pimples because the color cancels out very well. Under my eyes, my main concern is more under eye veins since I am so pale, and this covers my blue veins well. Does pretty well with dark circles, but it isn't a miracle worker. Now, the problem I do have with this, is it can crease like crazy on me under my eyes! I don't know why. Must be too hydrating. I bought this because everyone was raving about this since it doesn't crease. I have tried using this with moisturizer under it, without moisturizer, everything. If I set it with a powder immediately, it won't crease. On other days, however, it will crease sometimes, others it will not. I cannot tell what I am doing differently on the days where it does crease and doesn't. So I have days where I love this, and days where I don't. Just keep that in mind. It did crease on me at times so don't buy this strictly because you heard it doesn't crease. Obviously, everyone is different.

Selection:
This comes in a normal under eye concealer and corrector. Concealer comes in four shades and corrector in one obviously. I would say this is a good shade selection for under eye concealer just because even darker skinned ladies can get by with using lighter shades, that creates such a pretty effect.

Now, I have heard some talk that these are being discontinued. And I did pick this up for around $5 at walgreens, so maybe the talk is right. Regardless, I would say if you are interested in this, pick it up fast! I think this product is worth it, even if it does crease. I learned ways to eliminate creasing so it isn't even really a problem anymore.

Have you guys tried this? Do you guys like it? What else would you guys like me to review?
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment