Wednesday, May 29, 2013

NOTD: Orly Oh Cabana Boy!

So this is my first time trying out Orly nail polishes! I picked up 3 shades during the CVS spring beauty clearance sale! I did a haul for all the things I picked up on my youtube channel (I will link it at the end of this post!)

Starting off with the consistency, I was a little shocked by the formula of this polish. I figured because it has a hint of duochrome to it, it would be thin but it was extremely thin. In turn, this doesn't like to stick to the nails well. I found I really had to be careful where I placed this color and had to make sure I didn't use too much so it didn't bleed outside my nails. I think I painted more skin then nails this time haha.

While I'm not a total fan of this specific formula, I think the color is gorgeous. The color you see in the bottle is exactly what you get on your nails which is honestly really rare! So I gotta love Orly for that reason. The duochrome metallic sheen does transfer to the nails! This is a beautiful bright hot pink magenta color. It is definitely eye catching! I think it is perfect for this time of year! This looks beautiful on the nails and I can't wait to try it out on my toes because it'll look amazing!

I almost passed up this color honestly. It was the first one to catch my eye but I thought "now will it really look that impressive on my nails?" and it really does! This isn't a dud nail polish. You do need two coats to achieve the look you see in the bottle but that isn't a big deal. While I'm not the biggest fan of this formula, I think this polish is definitely worth it! Can't wait to try out my other Orly nail polishes!

What is your favorite nail polish brand? I would love to know because I am working on collecting polishes for a giveaway on my youtube channel! Feedback wanted!
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment