Sunday, May 19, 2013

Rimmel Clean Finish Foundation: Review!

This is a product that I had used for quite a while and saw it sitting around in my collection and thought I was definitely educated enough on this to go ahead and review it for you all! I love Rimmel so much, they rarely disappoint me, but I must say this isn't my favorite product by them.

Applicator: I'm starting off with this because this is definitely a highlight of this product. It comes with an amazing spatula applicator that makes it very easy to scoop out just the right amount of product. It is also nice because when you come to the end of the bottle you can really scoop out every last inch of product which I personally love.

Application: Now let's talk about how it applies. This claims to be a lightweight formula. I beg to differ. This is a thicker foundation, which is nice if you like that kind of formula. However, I feel it doesn't provide enough coverage for being as thick as it is. It also definitely does not feel lightweight on my skin. It really does feel like I have a mask on. If I touch my face throughout the day, I can still feel tackiness even if I set it with a powder. Because it is so heavy, I also find it particularly hard to blend. Not an easy foundation to work with. And not lightweight.

Claims Okay, so you know I do not stand behind the lightweight formula claim already. This also claims to be 100% poreless. Mmm honey not even in our dreams. Since it is so thick, I think this actually accentuates my pores. No thank you, Rimmel. Now it is fragrance free which I do agree with, it doesn't have a weird smell like some foundations can so that is a plus. Fragrances can sometimes irritate my skin so I appreciate that part of this product. I feel this still, however, did break me out though. *sigh*

Look on skin: I already brushed on this a bit, but I feel like this foundation is very visible on the skin. It can be hard to blend making it hard to blend around the neck area so beware if you like foundations you can just slab on in a hurry and not have to worry about that.

I think I covered all I need to with this. I definitely have tried better foundations, even from Rimmel, so I would say you should go ahead and pass on this one. If you want a good Rimmel foundation, try the Lasting Finish 25 hour foundation. I am going to be trying out more Rimmel face products soon so I will definitely be reviewing those as well. If you have recommendations, please let me know down below!

Random Tid Bits
- Severe weather is out and about in Minnesota right now :( go away. But loving the rain we are currently getting! We need it!

- Spent the day mowing grass and seeding the lawn so the rain is much appreciated!

- Went shopping at the drugstore yesterday in honor of my amazing work promotion WOOP WOOP so I will be filming a haul tomorrow that will be up sometime this week! Reviews on products to come!

Thank you for stopping by my blog! Share your blog links with me down below :) Along with your daily tid bits ;)
Ashley

1 comment:

  1. I love this product & beg to differ! It definitely IS lightweight & it had become one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete