Thursday, May 9, 2013

Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Makeup: Review!

I'm a little behind on the bandwagon for this, but I was planning on reviewing this months ago. However, I am glad I waited because once I rediscovered this, I fell in love! I don't have pictures to share with you guys this time because my lid is broken and won't screw onto the product fully and the packaging got messy so I just didn't want you to see my makeup while it is being a hot mess ha.

I'm going to start off by telling you why I didn't like this foundation before. I heard a lot of people recommend applying this with a sponge so I trusted them and started doing it that way. I used it for like a week straight and I wasn't impressed by it at all. I didn't like how it looked on my skin, didn't feel like it stayed well, just wasn't my favorite.

Now, my thoughts have completely changed. I pulled this out my collection because I was like oh this is so bulky and takes up so much space, I just want to use it and get rid of it. I am so glad I did!

This time around, I used it with a brush (I used the sigma f82) and it went on flawlessly! It made my skin seriously look good all day. I was astonished! I tried applying it with my hands, with sponges, everything before and I didn't like how it looked at all. Just by using a brush, I fell in love with this product. I didn't want to use a brush initially because it is a heavier foundation and I just didn't think a brush would appreciate using this product. I seriously can't get enough of this now.

Consistency: This is definitely a heavy whipped creme. You can turn the product upside down and it won't budge. However, it doesn't look cakey or feel heavy on the skin once you blend it out. It is actually very lightweight feeling in my opinion! It makes your skin feel very smooth once it is worked in. It is easy to work with if you use a brush. I thought it was harder then heck to work with when I used my hands, and using a sponge just wasn't impressive either.

Staying Power: I use a setting powder with every foundation I use, but when I do set it my makeup either lasts all day or I do not have fading until after like 8 hours which is great in my opinion. Not sure how it performs with a powder, sorry! I get too nervous to wear makeup that way.

How it Looks: I honestly get a lot of compliments on my skin when I wear this! And that makes me feel great because I don't always get compliments on my skin. It does give a nice airbrushed finished when I use a brush. Once I am done using the brush, I just quick run my hands over it to make sure it is all smoothed out and my skin looks great.

I am really glad I started using this again! I am completely impressed with this foundation now. I haven't reached for anything else since, which is seriously a miracle! I can see this becoming a holy grail product for me! I definitely recommend this for foundation! Don't let the texture scare you! This is available everywhere Revlon Cosmetics is sold!

Have you tried this? Which way do you like to apply this the best? What is your current favorite foundation?
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment