Monday, March 25, 2013

Cover Girl Lip Perfection Jumbo Gloss Balm Watermelon Twist: Review & Swatch!

Cover Girl has been a hit or miss brand for me for many years. I use to use their foundation and powder when I first started using makeup, but it broke me out so bad I had to quit. I also use to use their retractable eyeliner for years until I realized I could try many more things. Now, being as interested in makeup as I am, I usually skip past covergirl just because I cannot use many of their face things. I am going to try their under eye concealer soon (praying it agrees with my skin!) but I am more open to try things from them like lip products because they don't break me out (duh :P) So I wanted to give the Jumbo Gloss Balms a try!

These definitely feel like a lip balm on your lips. I don't think they should have included the word "gloss" in the name simply because they do leave a shine, but it isn't nearly what a lip gloss would give you. My lips feel comfortable when I wear these. They do not go sticky or tacky feeling. The color can be very sheer, but it can also be buildable. You can end up with full on color if you would like. While my lips feel moisturized when I first apply it, these can dry out my lips on certain days. The smell isn't detectable to me unless I'm really smelling for it, and then it has that cheap makeup smell, ick. So I'm pretty on the fence with these. It's nice but I'm not crazy about it.

I really like the color I picked though, Watermelon Twist.

The color I chose has nice color payoff, and on my lips, gives me a nice natural every day color.

These are nice for girls who do not like the feel of lipstick on their lips. I don't like these anymore than say the Revlon lip butters though. Oh, and I like the Revlon Balm Stains more than these. These are just okay in my eyes. I wasn't wowed by them, but they are nice! They are worth a shot for under $7!

What did you think of these? What is your favorite "lip butter" "lip balm with color" product?
Ashley

1 comment:

  1. I love Watermelon Twist! One of my favorites this Spring!

    Kendra

    www.beautybykendrac.com

    ReplyDelete