Saturday, March 30, 2013

Wet n Wild MegaLast Liquid Lip Color - Back to the Fuchsia: Review and Swatch!

Okay girlies, back today with a review on the new wet n wild megalast liquid lip colors. I'm sure you guys know, I am a huge wet n wild makeup junkie! I love so many of their products, they are amazing quality and the price tag is unbeatable. They definitely are one of my favorite brands, hands down. So when I see new products by them, I have to try them out!

Claims: Intense liquid color with built-in moisturizer provides one-step application for weightless, ultra-conditioning wear that lasts up to 8 hours. ElastiSilk™ formula combines flexible color adhesion with silky-smooth pigments for transfer-proof, even application. Paraben-free formula conditions and moisturizes with vitamin E that helps promote anti-aging, protects the skin's moisture barrier, and balances the lip's natural hydration for a healthy-looking, plump pout all day.

Let's start out with pigmentation. This is insanely pigmented. The color you see in the tube is what you truly get on your lips. You get full on color with these no doubt. This line contains creams, and frosts/shimmers.

I went to apply this for the first time, and mine didn't even have a doe foot applicator!

Really Wet n Wild? Kind of needed that. Once I got over my frustration with that, I tried applying this to my lips. It goes on nice and creamy and seems like a promising product, for about a minute. Then this product starts to set, which is where my problems come in. I have never had something dry out my lips so badly! Once this sets, my lips feel beyond uncomfortable. When I tried to press my lips together, it felt really tacky and my lips almost got stuck together. This is the worst feeling product in the whole world, and I will go that far. Just saying. I do not agree with all of it's moisturizing claims. It is the exact opposite.

Not sure if you can tell, but this product sets into every line I have on my lip. It begins flaking off the more you press your lips together. You can't lick your lips because then you just feel disgusting all around.

The color is nice, but it's not worth being uncomfortable for.

So my overall thoughts. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY. I understand long wearing products need to be a little drier if you want them to stay put longer, but this is not an acceptable level of dryness. It's dry, flaky, everything I do not want a lip product to be. I feel really bad about bashing Wet n Wild this bad, but their formulation with this product just isn't cutting it for me. I would give the formulation a 1 star for sure. Yes, these are only $2.99, but even then I feel this isn't worth it. (I only paid $1.24 for this (bogo 1/2 off plus $1 coupon) and I still feel I wasted money. This product is a no go in my book.

Sorry for the depressing review, I just can't say I like this product. I think the name is adorable, and the pigmentation is nice, but that is seriously it. I would skip this product if you see it in stores.

Wet n Wild has just released so many amazing products, that now I have super high expectations for them. This didn't cut it.

Have you tried these? I would love to know what you think! Leave a comment if you have. What is your favorite long wearing product? I will be back with happier posts soon! (check back tomorrow :))
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment