Tuesday, March 19, 2013

ELF Contouring Blush & Bronzer: Review and Swatches!

I know this is an older product and it has already been talked about very much, but I thought I would still go ahead and discuss this product for you guys. Mainly, I wanted to let you know what I think of this product from a pale girls point of view. This can be a very intimidating product for pale girls because the bronzer is pretty deep in the pan, and is swatched as well. Regardless for $3, I wanted to give this a shot and see what I thought! Also keep in mind, this is the original palette they came out with, now named St. Lucia (lightest palette)

Please not that from far away, the bronzer looks orange. This honestly is not the case. The next picture will show you the true coloring better. Just kept this so you could see the packaging.

The bronzer is very smooth, almost creamy feeling (NOT a cream though, just has that buttery soft consistency). The blush is almost the same way, however it is not as soft. It can tend to look a tad chalky when swatched.

The bronzer is crazily pigmented, but the blush is just okay. I am honestly not a huge fan of the blush, has a ton of shimmer in it and I just don't think it looks good on my light skin. The bronzer has shimmer as well, but it doesn't show up as much.

Soooo... fair girls. This is for you.
Can I pull off this bronzer? The answer is yes! I really thought this would be too dark for me but it really isn't. Obviously I have to use a light hand otherwise it will be too dark but this can work for all skin tones. Just gotta play it up or down depending on your skin tone!

So that is good news.

The bronzer does not oxidize, woop. I cannot recommend contouring with this just because it does have some shimmer and I feel only certain people can pull of making those kind of bronzers work as a contour. I just stick to matte! This would be lovely if it was purely matte. I really like using shimmery bronzers as "blushes", I just love that look on myself so that is usually what I like to wear.

I love the packaging. Very sleek, contains a nice mirror inside. It does attract some makeup to it but I really don't mind.

I do not use this all the time, but I definitely think it is worth spending $3 on. You get two nice sized products that will probably last you like forever, and even if one is a bust for you, you aren't out any money! I personally enjoy this palette, and I think many of you would as well. Fan of the bronzer, not so much the blush (beautiful color, too much shimmer).

I hope you enjoyed this little review even though everyone else has already discussed this! Like I mentioned I thought it would be helpful to include what a fair skinned girl thought about this product! What is your favorite blush/bronzer? Let me know down below!
Ashley

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review! I've been looking into some new blushes and bronzers and so far I really like ELF eyeshadows so maybe I'll try these out :)

    -Seona-

    panache08.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a lot of ELF products! Such good quality for a great price :)

      Delete