Monday, April 22, 2013

NYX Mega Shine Lip Glosses: Review & Lip Swatches!

So left me start of by saying I am not a lip gloss girl. I am sure I have mentioned that on my blog before, but just so everyone knows, I am not a fan of lip gloss. NYX, however, is a brand that I have a few holy grail products from, so I thought I would try out their mega shine lip glosses since everyone raves about them. Trust me, there are reasons for this!

I know I am totally late on the bandwagon with this product, but it is never to late to review an amazing product. This is a product I think every girl out there should try!

Packaging: They come in a nice, sturdy tube that has a doe foot applicator and a bow on top! So adorable!

Application: Because of the bent doe foot applicator, application is a breeze! I like to just put a little on my bottom lip and rub my lips together. I found that is the best method with this lip gloss. Rub your lips together to get every inch of your lip so you do not apply too much product. If you slather it all over your lips you could run into a problem!

Formulation: This is the best lip gloss formulation I have ever used! It feels buttery soft when I apply it to my lips. There isn't any tack to it, just applies smoothly.

Staying Power: Considering this isn't tacky, the staying power is exceptionally good! Usually non sticky lip glosses slide right off my lips. This stays in place for quite a while. It isn't going to stay on all day by any means but I do not mind reapplying something that isn't sticky.

Smell: I am obsessed with the smell of these. Whenever I apply these, I keep the tube by me afterwards so I can randomly smell it. It is so fruity and delicious. Does anybody know what the exact smell is? I'm not really sure, but it is fantastic. I would buy this stuff for the smell alone :P That weird? Probably. I know some people do not enjoy the smell, but I sure do. I don't care how fake it smells, yum.

Pros for me: One of my favorite things about this is it doesn't dry out my lips! Any other lip gloss I use on it's own dries my lips out like crazy. This keeps my lips moisturized, it is just crazy. I like that they aren't tacky but still stay in place for quite a while! They are easy to apply, everything. I love everything about them!

Cons: Well... My only con. I WANT TO BUY THEM ALL! but obviously can't afford them while being a college student. *sigh* :) haha.

Now let's talk about the certain shades I purchased!

SUGAR PIE: A nice light peachy nude shade with shimmer.

This is a nice nude gloss, but I am not a huge fan of the shimmer in it. Don't get me wrong, I still love this but I could do without the shimmer.

BEIGE: My obsession. Obviously this isn't beige it is definitely pink but it is beautiful.

Is that color not gorgeous? I adore it. I would wear this 24/7 if I could.

So that is my review for these girls! I hope you enjoyed this post. Please let me know which shades of this lip gloss are your favorites so I know which shades to try out. Or if you want to just request shades you would like me to swatch for you guys, I would be happy to do that as well! I hope you are all having a fantastic Monday, and I will talk to you all soon. xoxo
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment