Monday, April 29, 2013

Schick Hydro Silk Disposable Razors: Review!

Sooo today's post is a little different. I am reviewing a razor for you guys. What? Is that weird for you girls? I hope not! I just needed to share this with you! I wanted to warn you all so you could save your legs.

Not sure if you girls had seen my last haul video on my youtube channel, but I showed you I got a super good deal on these Schick Hyrdo Silk razors. They retail for $9 and some change and I had a $3 off target coupon and $4 manufacturer coupon so I got it for $2 and some change. I was really pumped because this looked like a very promising razor.

I am kinda fussy when it comes to razor in the sense that I don't like razors anymore that do not have the built in shave bar. I hate having to use shave gel unless I absolutely need to. I figured for such an amazing price on these, I could handle using them for a while.

I must say, this has got to be one of the worst razors I have ever used.

Why, you may ask? Let me tell ya.

I am a pretty careful shaver. I like to take my time and make sure I do not hurt myself. So I would put on shave gel and start shaving. Without fail, I would cut myself at least three or four times when I used these. Not even little knicks! I ended up with a pretty nasty cut yesterday and I was shaving the same way I do with all other razors. I was using my trusty shave gel, so I can't even blame it on that. I knew it wasn't the most comfortable shaving with this, but ending up cutting myself multiple times with a razor never happens to me, and it would never stop with this one! I just can't get over how much I dislike this razor.

So downfalls:
- Cuts my skin way too often :(
- Feels uncomfortable
- I have to go over places multiple times because it misses spots
- Pricey

I do not think I can think of a positive thing to say about these other then when I purchased them I got a dang good deal and I am glad. It does say our best disposable shave for your skin or your money back so maybe I will have to look into that. I had tried a really great lotion bar shaver by them a while ago so I definitely thought these were worth a try. I, however, am super disappointed.

I say when you see these in your stores, skip past them. They did some serious damage to my legs. I have never disliked a razor so much, and trust me I am not too picky when it comes to traditional razors, I just want something that will work. This does, but it comes with too much baggage for me.

Have you tried these? What did you think? Let me know!
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment