Friday, April 5, 2013

What's in my Makeup Cup: April 5th!

Okay girls, so I do not know exactly what to call this post yet! I've been pulling aside makeup recently that I want to make myself use for a week or two week time period, and I thought hey why not share the products I chose with everyone! I like to do this because I have a ton of makeup products that rarely get love like certain eyeshadow palettes, so by doing this, I use products more often! So let's go ahead and see what I've pulled aside this time :)

So let's first start off with my cute little holder! I got this at walmart in the candle section for under $5. This is suppose to be a candle holder, but I knew going into it I would never use it for candles because none of mine would ever fit in here. This was just too cute for me to leave in the store! So I bought it not knowing what I'd use it for, and I'm happy to say I am storing makeup I want to use in it!

Now let me tell you what products I picked!

Maybelline Pure Stay Powder Foundation - I really need to use this up. The packaging is bulky and just takes up too much space and I'm no longer crazy about this powder. Just want to use it up.
Sonia Kashuk Concealer Palette - I love this stuff, and I'm getting good use out of all of the four parts of this palette. I am going to keep this in here until it is gone so I can move on to other concealers though because I have sooo many.
Neutrogena 3-in-1 Concealer for Eyes - This also will not leave this cup until it's gone. I use this on top of a concealer in the SK palette, and that is the only time I like it. Just want to get this used up.
Pixi Flawless & Poreless - I probably have mentioned I love this stuff. However, I am usually too lazy to use a primer because it is just an extra step that doesn't do much for me honestly. I like this stuff, but I feel just using my lotion alone is a great base for my face makeup. I use St. Ives Collagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer. It is something like that ha can't remember the exact name. The primer is really nice, it just doesn't make a huge difference so I don't grab it often. I'm going to make myself use it now.
ELF Quad in Drama - This little palette is seriously amazing. I have an on and off love relationship with this product. Once I finally start using it, I don't want to put it down. But once I put it away, I forget about it. I use this a lot and it is easily my favorite palette to reach for when I want to use gray shadow.
L'Oreal Colour Riche Rose for Romance - I'm not crazy about L'Oreal shadows, so I don't reach for this enough. I really want to focus on using the darker shades in this palette because they are honestly beautiful. They can be used with many looks.
Wet n Wild Color Icon White Eyeliner - I use to use this so often, until I discovered the Rimmel nude eyeliner. I like using this when I wear gray shadows because it looks nice in conjunction with that color combo. This isn't a bad eyeliner, especially for the price, I just don't think it looks AS natural as a nude liner.
L'Oreal Mascara with a really long name - Just wanting to use this up. I use to love it, but I realized the only time I like this is when I layer it with any other mascara. I like to call this a "primer" now because it does look really good when you top it off with things. This is the plain black tube with the gold wording.
Benefit They're Real - I just expected so much more from this mascara. I reach for my drugstore mascaras over this so I've been combining this with the L'Oreal mascara just in attempt to use them both up. I do like it, just isn't my favorite.

So those are the products I'm basically making myself use in the weeks to come. I will try to update you in two weeks, however it may be a week if I get bored of these products. Let me know if you like these posts down below! Do you guys ever pull aside makeup to use for a period of time?
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment