Sunday, January 13, 2013

L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Amber Rush Review!

Today I'm going to share with you all my thoughts on the L'Oreal Infallible in Amber Rush! This is talked about so much in the beauty community and when I saw this color, I knew I just had to pick it up!

This a rose gold coppery color. When swatched with my finger, the pigmentation of this shade is great.

The problem I have with this, is when applied with a brush, I need to build the color up to really get the same pigmentation.

To get the same amount of color payoff with a brush, I had to basically dig my brush in the product and build it up three times. If you look at the first picture I included, the fourth picture (bottom right) was taken after one use with a brush. I cannot believe how much product I had to use just to get a good color payoff all across my eyelids. Maybe this doesn't bother others, but this product wasn't cheap. I don't feel for $8 that I should have to use that much product for one application because the product may not last a long time in that case!

While I like the consistency, the fact that it is a powder, but applies like a cream, I'm not sure exactly how I feel about this yet. Don't get me wrong, the color is beautiful and when I do build it up the look it creates is amazing, but I don't know if I like the fact that I'm using so much product at once. Anyone else feel this way?

I don't mind using my finger to apply this product, but the way I truly love to use this product is to apply it over my crease color to really add more depth to my looks. I'm going to continue to use this with different brushes and see if I can begin to use less product. If you have any suggestions for me on how to use this, please let me know!

I'd say in all I'd recommend this product, just don't like using so much of it. How do you feel about these eyeshadows? Are all of the colors formulated the same?
Ashley

2 comments:

  1. amber rush is one of my favorites! i own 14 of the loreal infallible eye shadows and some of them varies but nonetheless they are AMAZING! ;D

    My Blog: Caught in a Daze.

    ReplyDelete
  2. try using applicators and using a brush to blend; some formulas don't pack on color well with brushes, like this one

    ReplyDelete