Thursday, January 24, 2013

Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream: Review!

I have been on a trying BB creams kick lately. Even though I hadn't heard the most positive things about this product, I wanted to give it a shot and see what I thought of it. I wrote down my thoughts on the first day I wore this to include in this post, and wore it multiple times after this to get my full opinion on this product for you guys!

This comes in 5 shades. I could not find the lightest shade anywhere to save my life, so I reluctantly picked up the light/medium shade and tried to make it work for myself. Oh dear, oh my. Let's look at this product against my skin.

Holy orange. This looks even more orange in real life. Granted, I am pale, but I don't know whose skin tone this will possibly match perfectly. Seems like such a strange color. Maybe that's just me.

Not sure if you can see this or not, but the middle part of my hand still had an orange tint after I blended this into my skin.

First Impression:
11 a.m. - application time
Not right color. Super hard to blend. Noticeable product on skin. Face did feel smooth after application though.
1:30
"I need to blot" shiny. Ugh.
3:00
Excess oil... but didn't blot or powder
4:30
Oil only a tad worse
7:30
Oil city.

For me to be oily throughout the day right now is not a good sign. It is winter and my skin is dry. So to appear oily, it is a huge problem in my opinion.

8-in-1 Skin Perfector:
• Blurs imperfections: Kind of
• Brightens: Not really
• Evens skin tone: Pretty well
• Smoothes: Yes
• Hydrates: Oily..
• Enhances: Meh, no
• Protects with SPF 30

I continued to use this for about a week to form a full opinion on it for you guys. This product is a no go for me. This product is just too darn hard to blend! Also, I do not like the fact that I can see product sitting on top of my skin after I apply this. You can see like a mask on my face. Once I apply more products over it it doesn't look too bad but I feel like that is just too much work. My skin just looked really dull while wearing this and I didn't like it. I feel like this may work for some people, but if you have naturally oily skin I would definitely stay away. I'm not even oily in the winter and I turned shiny pretty fast.

What is your favorite BB cream? I have yet to find one I truly enjoy. Want to try an eastern BB cream, any suggestions would be appreciated!
Ashley

1 comment:

  1. sad to hear it is super oily... but you save my money :) nice review

    ReplyDelete