Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Revlon Photoready BB Cream Review!

Hello everyone :) I think I am going to be back on a more regular blogging schedule, (fingers crossed)! Today I have been super busy but I just had to find some time to sit down and write this blog post for you all! I want to talk to you guys about the new Revlon Photoready BB cream. I love Revlon products, and even though I don't wear foundation often, I love the Revlon whipped foundation. So I thought maybe I would give this BB cream a try since Revlon rarely let's me down! I jotted down some notes of my first impression of it so I could share that with you, as well as my full on review of the product. Let's get down to business.

Let me start off by saying I have combination skin. Very acne prone, and more on the dry side in the winter time. So right now I do not have a problem with oil at all. Keep that in mind as I keep talking about this product!

Little swatch of the product

And blended out into my skin
First impression:
I thought this covered my redness pretty well. It seemed to even out my skin tone but obviously didn't cover up anything major like a blemish or dark spot. After a couple hours, I saw noticeable fading in the coverage. Booooo.

Lets check out those claims, shall we?
HYDRATES like moisturizer
SMOOTHES like primer
COVERS like foundation
BLURS FLAWS like concealer
PROTECTS with SPF 30 like sunscreen

I think this is very hydrating and does leave a dewy finish on the skin. I don't get the priming aspect at all in this product, it doesn't stick around on my face. It wears off really easily, and like I said, I'm not oily right now! Coverage is like I would expect from a BB cream. Doesn't act like a concealer at all in my opinion. And I'm sure the sunscreen part is true, however, it is freezing where I live so I am not spending time out in the sun.

So what are my overall thoughts? This product does lean more yellowy which works for my skin tone, just had to throw that in there for your information. I used this with a primer even and it still didn't stick around. Even when using my trusty Rimmel Stay Matte powder, I got oiler than heck from this product. I'm not sure what else I can do for that! It is winter, my skin is dry, and I look oily like it's 90 degrees outside. For that, I must say I did not enjoy this product. I am going to continue to play around with it and see if I can get it to work for me, but for now I am not too impressed. I am happy that this comes in a light pale option, the main reason I tried this to make sure it matched my fair skin. However, the shade selection is poor like all other BB creams, there are only three shades. I just don't know, love Revlon products but this one didn't do it for me. Just thankful it hasn't broke me out as of yet (knock on wood).

Have you tried this product? Do you have any suggestions for me that could maybe help it last longer/look better on me? Any BB cream you recommend I try?
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment