Friday, January 25, 2013

NOTD: Revlon Nail Polish in Girly!

I had a $50 Walmart gift card burning a hole in my pocket, and Walmart is one of my favorite places to check out makeup just because it is usually the cheapest place. I had a coupon for Revlon nail polish, and while scanning the shelves this one immediately caught my eye.

This came out looking a little funny in the picture, but I promise in person this looks a whole lot better :)

I normally do not gravitate towards glitters that have a colored base, but this one just caught my eye. The base is a light milky pink color, with bigger purple/blue, light pink, and fuchsia chunks of glitter, and little orange and purple chunks. I may be missing some but that is what I see when I personally inspect this.

I wanted to use this product for the first time on it's own to see how it does perform. In the picture I provided, the base went opaque with about two coats for me. You do have to be kind of careful though otherwise you can end up with a glitter overload. Also, when layering, you kind of lose the affect of some of the glitter pieces so it gets a little weird. I do like the outcome of this polish though. I think I may like it even better if I just layer it over a similar color base, but this is definitely a product you can get to work on it's own.

The consistency of this nail polish feels like jelly when I apply it! I'm not sure why. It is different, but I don't mind it at all.

I know this is a newer polish, but if you love glitter like I do, I recommend picking it up if you find it!

What is your favorite glitter nail polish?
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment