Monday, January 28, 2013

NEW Maybelline Color Sensational Vivid Lip Color in Shocking Coral: Review and Swatches!

Maybelline came out with a new line of lipsticks called "The Vivids" that are suppose to be bright, fun colors. When I looked at the bottom of the packaging at the drugstore, they seemed to be targeting bright neon colors... perfection.

I love the packaging of maybelline lipsticks, they are seriously so pretty. All of these come in a bright red package, and display the color of the lipstick at the bottom of the package. It is very sturdy packaging.

As you can tell from the swatch, this.is.amazing! The texture is really smooth and glides on the lips nicely. It went on my lips very smoothly and didn't settle into the lines in my lip (much). This formula has honey necture in it which is suppose to make it smooth and I can really feel it sit nicely on my lips, and doesn't dry them out.

I just started getting myself to wear bright red lipstick this year, so I hadn't felt comfortable wearing any other bright lipsticks prior to that. I was hesistant to buy this, but I saw it and knew I just needed it. It is beautiful!

Only "complaint" I do have is the smell of the color sensational lipsticks. They smell like play-doh to me, bleh. I can't smell it when this is on my lips thought so I am not even going to complain. The taste is shockingly nice.. which is weird but I'm just saying. At least it doesn't taste bad.

One of the ultimate tests I have for a bright lipstick is if it'll wipe off easily when I am done wearing it. This does and doesn't stain my lips, so glad.

I'm very pale, but this color looked great with my skin tone. I think it even made me appear to have more color, score. This will be a very beautiful color for the spring and summer months! That won't stop me from wearing this until then, though ;)

I can't say enough good things! Defintely going to pick some more up for spring and summer! Next on my list is Fuschia Fever, it looks so intense! For $5.49/5.50, I think you should totally check these out :) What is your favorite bright lipstick?
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment