Monday, December 3, 2012

Classic Holiday Makeup Look

I think the safest look to rock for the holidays is dramatic winged eyeliner and a bright red lip. I thought it would be helpful to share with you guys the products I use to achieve this look, in case you want to create this look for the holidays but need affordable products to use! I’ll include the steps I used down below as well!

Face:
Maybelline Pure Stay Powder Foundation

Eyes:
NYX HD Eye Shadow Base
MAC Painterly Paint Pot
Wet n Wild Lust Palette (Cream colored Shimmery Shade)
ELF 32 Eyeshadow Warm Palette (Light Matte Brown Shade) Anything will work!
Wet n Wild Mega Liner in Black Sparkle
Wet n Wild Idol Eyes Crème Shadow Pencil in Pixie

I put nyx shadow base and mac paint pot on as my primer. I then took a creamed colored shimmery shade and applied it all over my lid. Took a light matte brown and lightly ran it through my crease for some definition. I winged out my eyeliner using the wet n wild mega liner. Finished off the look with putting a wet n wild crème shadow in my inner corner to add a nice sheen.

Lips:
ELF Matte Lip Color in Tea Rose
Wet n Wild Silk Finish Lipstick in Hot Paris Pink
Revlon Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie

I quickly outlined my lips with a matte dusty rose color but any color will do for this. I just like using a deeper color to really define my lips but the main purpose is to just keep the red lipstick in place. I then applied wet n wild hot paris pink all over my lips and topped it off with revlon lip butter in berry smoothie for a deeper look and to add a really pretty glossy appearance to the lips.

I hope my little explanations made sense to you guys. This is a really easy sure fire look to rock for the holidays and I just adore it. I like to be a little more daring with my makeup during the holidays though, so I will be back with a more exciting look for you guys in the near future :)

What makeup looks do you like wearing for the holidays? Do you find this post helpful or not?
Ashley

1 comment: