Wednesday, December 5, 2012

NYC City Duet Eyeshadow in NYC Times: Review and Swatches

Being the makeup junkie that I am, I bought a few of the NYC City Duet shadows on a total whim because they were on sale for under $1. I really like NYC, I have a few of their products that I think are fantastic and they are obviously really affordable. I also am always looking for new matte shadows that are great. Who can complain for the price, right? Apparently Ashley.

One of the shades I picked up is NYC Times. It contains a matte white and black so I had high hopes for this product.

Here are the claims, and what I think of them.

Ultra silky texture, comfortable all day long - No

Intense, color-rich shades - Intense? In what world?
Long-lasting eye shadow - With primer
Color glides on smoothly, evenly - Look at the swatches above. I don't think they are very smooth. Too chalky.

As you can tell from the swatches, they do not go on evenly, the pigmentation is not there, and they are so chalky. I know we are talking drugstore makeup, but Wet n Wild has some of the best eyeshadows ever in my opinion, so I expect similar quality from NYC then. That's fair, right? The black doesn't even look like a black, it is more gray, even after the color is built up. Oh, and the white is practically invisible.

These retail for $2.99, and honestly, I say save your money and go pick up some Wet n Wild trios. I cannot recommend this particular duo to you guys. I have two more of these so I will be reviewing them probably sometime in the future.

What are your favorite matte eyeshadows? Please let me know!
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment