Monday, December 10, 2012

Haul and First Impressions: Physicians Formula, Maybelline, & Urban Decay!

So I was a bad girl and purchased some more makeup. I had a $15 off coupon at Sephora that I wasn't going to pass up though so I thought it would be the perfect time for me to splurge on something nice for myself.

Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder: I wanted to give this a try since it is in fact talc free and I've had good luck with mineral makeup in the past. I've only used it once so far and I think it gives pretty decent coverage. Lasted pretty well on my skin as well. I will probably review this further in the future once I fully form an opinion on it.

Maybelline Color Explosion in Blue Blowout: Basically bought it because of the glittery silver color. Blue is my favorite color but I don't really wear it on my eyes like ever. I hope with this palette I will come up with some really gorgeous looks though. Let me know if you'd like to see that. From the quick swatches, I can tell the pigmentation is decent and the consistency of the eyeshadows is nice.

Urban Decay Naked Palette: This is what I ended up purchasing at Sephora. I figured with $15 off it was a good time to splurge on this item. $50 is a splurge for me just because I can't continually fork out that kind of money for one product, but the price honestly isn't that bad if you remind yourself you get 12 eyeshadows. I've wore this on my eyes once already and I loved the look I tried out. I used sidecar, smog, buck, and hustle just if any of you guys are curious. If any of you would like me to do a post on this sharing my opinion on whether I think it is worth the money for people on a budget or not, let me know!
I also tried out the eyeshadow primer that comes with it. I got 10 hours of wear out of it. I'm impressed with it, but considering how much I love my nyx shadow base along with my MAC paint pot, I don't see myself running out to purchase this on its own in the future. We will see.

I know every makeup lover out there is familiar with the UD Naked Palette already, but just provided swatches anyways.

What were your most recent makeup purchases? Have you tried any of these products?
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment