Tuesday, December 4, 2012

JulieG 2012 Holiday Collection: Review and Swatches!

Good morning, girls :) I've been all about everything that will get me in the Christmas mood this year! I've been enjoying the photo a day challenge on instagram and blogging every day with some holiday themes. All of this just makes me extra excited for the holidays this year. So I thought I'd share a holiday collection with you all today.

Big Red Bow, Under Mistletoe, Light It Up, Ornamental, Gift Wrapped

I originally saw a swatch of Light It Up on instagram and immediately knew I wanted to get my hands on this color. However, I do not have a Rite Aid in my state so I had to order it online. Not sure what part of me said, Ashley, you need all these colors, because my nail polish collection is already big enough. Somehow I ended up ordering the whole collection, story of my life!

I'm not going to go super in depth with this review, just cover the basics!

Thumb: Gift Wrapped - Magenta shimmer. Opaque in one coat.
Pointer: Big Red Bow - Red shimmer. Opaque in one coat.
Middle: Light It Up - Multi colored and sized glitter. One quick swipe across the nails was done above. Absolutely beautiful. Looks good over any color, or can be built up for an accent color.
Ring: Ornamental - Gold shimmer. Opaque in one coat.
Pinky: Under Mistletoe - Green shimmer. Pretty sheer, even with two coats, which is what is on my nail.

I just had to include a picture of Light It Up. Look at that gorgeousness. Just makes me happy to look at it, lame I know!

All of these colors apply smoothly and go on opaque in one coat, aside from Under Mistletoe which needs between 2-3 coats. Staying power seems great with these polishes with a basic top coat, I've gone about 4 days and only had one little chip that was barely noticeable.

Overall, I recommend you pick up these shades! I think they are very holiday appropriate and are very festive. My favorites are Light It Up and Gift Wrapped. I'm not a huge fan of Under Mistletoe just because the quality isn't as high as the other four, but I still recommend it if you like the color! These are $3.99 each and can be purchased at Rite Aid or online at Jesses Girl cosmetics!

What are you favorite holiday nail polishes?
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment