Friday, December 14, 2012

Neutrogena 3-in-1 Concealer for eyes: Review!

Today I am sharing with you all a product I picked up from Neutrogena quite a while ago. Let me start off by saying, I haven't had good luck with almost all of the skincare items I tried for their line. It's not that the products aren't great, because I know so many people love their stuff, it just isn't a good match for my skin.

I saw this raved about in a YouTube video so I thought, ehh why not give it a shot. I ordered it online from Drugstore . com when they had a good sale on it.

This claims to be a 3-in-1 product. It's suppose to be your concealer, eye cream, and your SPF. I bought this in the color fair 05. Concealer wise, this covered nothing on my undereye area. I'm very fair skinned, so underneath my right eye you can see my veins. This product didn't cover it, and it actually drew more attention to it. I was so upset. It did not provide any coverage for my undereye circles either. I don't find it moisturizing enough to be considered an "eye cream", it actually cakes up under my eyes with the smallest amount and settles into the lines I have under my eyes. I do like that this product has SPF in it, although I will not wear this product just to have SPF under my eyes, I will choose something else.

Since I ordered it online I didn't want to return it so I kept it hiding away in my collection. If I spend money on a product, especically a lot like I did on this one, I want to try to use it for anything I possibly can. So I dug it out of my collection and set it on my makeup area to find a use for it. I am human and mess up my eyeshadow towards the outer corner quite a bit ha ooops. I now use this product to fix those mistakes or to make my eyeshadow look even on both sides! If I want a percise line with my makeup, I won't use tape like some beauty gurus do. I will just clean my eyeshadow up with this concealer and my makeup looks perfect!

Do I think this product is worth spending ~$9 on? Of course not. It doesn't live up to the claims on it's bottle so that immediately changes my mind about this product, and for the price you can find something better than this. If you are looking for an undereye concealer, I would try Maybelline Instant Age Rewind concealer instead.

I hope this blog post inspires you to take products out of your collection you may hate, and try to use them for a different purpose if you are able to! If you spend money on something, you should at least get your moneys worth out of it!

Any of you out there have visible veins under your eyes? If so let me know if you found a product that is more effective at covering them up!
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment